Japanese culture has exported some of its most outstanding arts and traditions around the world. One of them is origami, also known as origami. It is a way to entertain yourself in leisure time, enhancing the most creative part of a person. Any individual can obtain great benefits from its practice, although it is especially recommended for children.
Although it may be more complicated than it seems at first glance, new technologies and the Internet are very valid sources for learning origami examples and doing them manually. What is it really about? What are its main contributions to the human being? To discover what origami is and what it is for , at OneHOWTO we recommend that you continue reading this article.
You might be interested in How can seers guess
what is origami
Origami is also known as origami and is a set of techniques by which paper figures are made . These figures are made by folding the paper, without the use of glue and without any cuts.
Coming from Japan , origami becomes a perfect activity for entertainment. It contains a series of benefits for all people, although its influence is even greater in children. The coordination between eyes and hands, creative stimuli and an improvement in mathematical understanding thanks to geometry are the most important contributions.
Paper folding is the literal meaning of the word origami. In its beginnings, it was considered an exclusive pastime for the nobility and the wealthiest families due to the high economic cost of paper.
To develop children’s artistic skills, teaching them to make paper figures is a good method. This manual activity accelerates the maturation of the brains of children because it involves coordination and requires the use of both cerebral hemispheres.
In short, origami supposes an active work of our abilities, just as it is to write by hand.
What is origami for?
Origami has many benefits for children and also for the elderly, such as the following:
- Development of manual dexterity , as well as hand-eye coordination . The attempt to create perfect figures requires making folds with precision and care. It also helps improve other factors such as attention.
- Stimulates the imagination . Children have the opportunity to make their own origami designs, thus creating new figures. Thus, they see their ability to imagine and visualize enhanced.
- It improves memory because it requires keeping track of the folds made, as well as those that must be made later.
- Development of perseverance and patience . Children understand that it is necessary to make several attempts until the figures come out well. They manage to learn from all their mistakes, an aspect that will be very useful to them throughout life.
- It contributes to the understanding of spatial concepts , such as above, below, behind and in front.
- Development of mental and visual concentration by staying focused on making an origami figure.
- It helps to relax children and the elderly, since it makes them forget stressful situations or the fears they feel in some contexts. It is a great hobby.
- Self-esteem is reinforced. Each figure made correctly and each success achieved is a motivation , a success for children. In this way, they will want to continue learning and testing.
- It is a great stimulus and a useful activity in the treatment of those children who suffer from disorders such as dyslexia, hyperactivity or ADHD.
types of origami
There are 5 main types of origami: action, modular, pureland, tessellation, and wet folding.
It is characterized by the mobility that is carried out to obtain the paper figure. Among the most common or suggestive figures to make, is the traditional frog capable of jumping with momentum by putting a little pressure on it.
This type of origami is made by joining identical modules, finally obtaining a complete piece. It is considered as an advanced level origami, but it can also be practiced as a beginner. You just need patience to create extraordinary paper figures.
In this case, it is allowed to make only one fold at a time in the figures. Inverted folds cannot be made, since they must be from direct locations. To practice this type of origami, it is advisable to make a paper bear as it helps to improve the technique with the folds.
They are flat figures with no gaps. They do not allow placing one figure on top of another. It is similar to the shape of a peculiar artistic painting. To decorate the walls of your room, you can practice this type of origami by making paper sculptures.
Wet Folded Origami
It is about moistening the paper to create the figures. At first it costs a bit, but with practice you will be able to make beautiful sculptures.