Full, curled lashes can turn the look and make it deeper and more intense. However, not everyone is lucky enough to have long eyelashes and that is why the use of false extensions has become increasingly popular. For years, mascaras or permanent curls have wanted to solve this aesthetic detail, as well as the punctual use of false eyelashes to be used in any event. However, the world of aesthetics is evolving by leaps and bounds and currently you can choose, depending on your pocket, and put permanent false eyelashes that last several days intact on your face. Therefore, if you are thinking of doing this type of touch-up, you are surely wondering how long these lashes usually last in order to assess whether or not it is worth it and, above all,
In this new OneHOWTO article we are going to tell you how long eyelash extensions last and everything you need to know about them.
You might be interested in Decorated black nail designs
How long do hair-to-hair eyelash extensions last?
One of the most used techniques lately to be able to enlarge and intensify the eyelashes is “hair by hair”. This technique basically consists of placing the false hairs one by one so that they look as aesthetically pleasing and natural as possible.
This method is not the most economical, however, very detailed and flattering results are obtained. Like any other facial or hair treatment, the key to maintaining the results for as long as possible is to take care of them and follow the advice of professionals. Wondering how long false eyelashes last? Well, it is calculated that this type of false eyelashes can last between 3 and 6 weeks , as long as you go to do some retouching after the first 15-25 days . However, to calculate in detail the price and duration of eyelash extensions, you must go to an aesthetic center.
Why don’t my lash extensions last?
Normally, with the appropriate touch-ups, eyelash extensions can last up to 90 days . However, if you see them start to fall off after a few days or weeks, something must be wrong. You must understand that, in this case, not only the quality of the eyelash and the technique used, but also factors of your body, since they develop a behavior similar to that of your natural eyebrows. Some of the reasons why eyelash extensions can fall out are:
- Poor diet : If you do not have a balanced diet, you are likely to be more prone to losing your eyelashes and, with them, your extensions.
- Hormonal changes : the hormonal cycles of women throughout their lives can affect the quality and loss of eyelashes.
- Allergy : If after applying the eyelash extensions you feel itchy or red in the eyes, it is possible that you have an allergy to one of the products and your skin does not accept false eyelashes.
- Handle them excessively : just like natural eyelashes, if you tend to rub your eyes too much, they will end up falling out.
How to make eyelash extensions last longer
If you already have your long-awaited extensions on, surely you want them to last as long as possible. Apart from the causes and external factors that must be avoided for their fall, there are several tips that you must take into account and that will significantly lengthen the life cycle of your false eyelashes. Everything could be summed up in basic care and in the hygiene and cleaning routine that you carry out, but, as a list, these are some of the tips that you can do:
- Do not use make-up removers or creams with oil or alcohol on your eyes, as they will accelerate their fall.
- Beware of sleeping upside down. Try sleeping on your back .
- Do not abuse mascara , as it contains oils that affect the sealant of the eyelashes and end up dissolving it.
- Try not to get your eyes wet during the first 24 hours, since in that time the extensions are not yet 100% waterproof.
- Make sure that the choice of lashes are of your size and thickness . If they are larger, the excess weight of the eye will make them fall out.
- Clean your eyelashes very carefully and avoid friction and rubbing every time you do your facial routines.
- Make sure you go to a specialized center that uses primer and a good sealer when applying this technique. The use and choice of good products is decisive for your lashes to last much longer.
- Avoid very hot water when showering, as this type of humidity can favor the fall of eyelashes and extensions.
If you are thinking of using this technique, you cannot miss this article on the Types of eyelashes . Keep in mind that you must choose the tab that best suits your look. And, once set, if you also want to know more information about How to take care of eyelash extensions , keep in mind this OneHOWTO article. We provide you with the best tips to keep them perfect.