In 2019, Malaysia is one of the most popular tourist destinations among Russians. In the article we will find out whether the Russians need a visa for Malaysia, we will understand in which cases they get permission to enter, what papers are needed for this. If the planned stay in the country does not exceed 30 days, it is not necessary to obtain an entry permit in Kuala Lumpur. Know more about Plav.
Visa-free entry is allowed if the purpose of the trip is:
- Business visit.
- Visiting relatives or friends.
Gift of 2100 + 1000 rubles for housing!
When registering via the link in AirBnB. you will receive 2100 rubles in your account. For this money you can rent good apartments for 1 day abroad or in Russia. The bonus is valid only for new accounts.
Upon registration after your stay, you will receive a refund of 1000 rubles.
- International passport. The document is valid for at least six months after returning from Kuala Lumpur.
- Tickets to the place of residence and back (with closed dates). Instead of tickets, it is allowed to present a reservation for flights in the opposite direction or the next country of the route.
- Financial resources (at least $ 500 is required for each person).
Border control workers do not always require the presentation of cash and tickets. In 2019, when crossing the border, a migration card will be issued, which will be filled out in English.
When passing the border control, the citizens of Russia put a sign on entering the country in the passport. The stamp shows the dates of entry and exit.
If the route passes through Sabah or Sarawak, additional local stamps will appear in the passport (no additional paperwork required).
Customs officers take fingerprints. The procedure is mandatory, refusal will serve as a reason for banning entry. If a citizen violates the conditions of residence, he pays a fine when leaving the country.
Filling out a migration card
The migration map of Malaysia differs from the maps of other countries in a large number of issues. To pass the border control, the following data is entered in the migration card:
- Surname and initials.
- Passport information.
- The purpose of the visit.
- Aircraft flight number.
- Address of hotel or hotel accommodation.
- The purpose of the visit to the country.
- The place where the stranger came from.
- Type of activity of the citizen.
- Information on whether the foreigner entered the country with another passport or another surname. If so, what is the last name?
- Are there any health problems.
- Whether the foreigner has recently visited countries located on the American continent or African countries.
It is better if the answers to the last two questions are negative.
Appearance when crossing the border
The majority of the Malaysian population is Muslim. As a sign of respect for the tradition of the local population, the border is crossed in clothes that meet the conditions:
- He doesn’t look honest.
- It has a neat look.
When visiting the migration service, do not wear short-sleeved items and items of clothing that leave your feet open.
In 2019, children will enter the territory of Malaysia in accordance with the requirements:
- A child under the age of 14 can enter without a passport if the parents’ passports contain a note about the child. If the children are over 14 years old, they must have their own ID card.
- If children under the age of 18 have arrived without parents, then they must have with them the permission of the parents to leave Russia, which is certified by a notary.
When is the permit open?
Russians need a visa for Kuala Lumpur in 2019 if their visit lasts more than 30 days. To get permission to cross the border, contact the country’s embassy.
The applicant arrives at the Malaysian Embassy, located in Moscow, with a set of certificates, which includes:
Visa application form
- Foreign passport and its photocopy.
- Photocopy of the internal passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation.
- Questionnaire (in 2 copies), to be completed in English. .
- 2 color photographs 3.5 × 5 cm.
- Official invitation or hotel reservation.
- Confirmation of the purpose of the trip.
- Airline tickets in both directions.
Embassy staff reserves the right to request the submission of additional documents.
How long it opens and how much it costs
Consideration of the paper for obtaining an entry permit takes about 2 weeks.
A consular fee of USD 10 is charged for visa processing.
What does a Malaysian visa look like?
Violation of the period of stay
In 2019, if a citizen of the Russian Federation violated the period of stay in Malaysia, he must visit the office of the country’s migration service. For every allowed day over 30, a fine of $ 10 is paid.
After paying the fine, the foreigner acquires the right to leave the country. If the deadline is violated by more than a month, the amount of the fine exceeds $ 1,000.
The extension of the right of residence is reluctantly issued by the migration authorities. To receive it, the following conditions must be met:
- Have an expired entry permit.
- Provide reasons for extending visits to Malaysia.
Important! Pregnant women (gestational age of 6 months) can stay in the country for a maximum of 3 days.