BMW launches the second generation of its “Premium” multipurpose minivan, the Active Tourer, a 2-series compact. Great offer Hybrid engine with a lot of technology and a much more refined and modern interior.
The new BMW Active Tourer has been developed from the platform used in the 1 Series and in the X1 and X2 and is marketed with front-wheel drive or xDrive. Know more about rolls royce ne shitje.
As for its dimensions, it grows 5 cm in length, 2 in width and 3 in height , maintaining the same wheelbase as previous versions, although to provide better dynamism and comfort.
|BMW 2 SERIES ACTIVE TOURER 2022||length m||Width m||Height m||battle m||trunk liters|
|4.39||1.82||1.58||2.67||470 (415) – 1,455 (1,405)|
It has an important trunk with 470 liters of capacity expandable up to 1,455 liters with the rear seatbacks folded, although in the 220i and 223i variants these dimensions drop to 415 liters / 1,405 liters.
The precision and agility of the steering has been clearly improved with a single joint on the front axle and the three-link rear axle, also optimizing its sportiness with a notable intervention on its traction capacity through the new limited-slip function of the wheels that is also standard .
Another great novelty is the new integrated braking system that improves the feel of the brake pedal while optimizing the response of the driving assistance systems.
Another interesting intervention is its new height-regulated damping for the front axle and the adaptive M suspension (both optional), with a more sporty direction and electronically controlled damping .
New aesthetics aligned with the “family feeling” of BMW
Now the Active Tourer has moved much closer to a Crossover type line , despite maintaining its minivan silhouette, with a new bulging hood that culminates in the brand’s flush logo.
The front pillars have been significantly inclined to improve their aerodynamics (Cx of 0.26) , thus giving great notoriety to its front with an intelligent opening grille and to the already classic bulging octagonal kidneys that are unified in the middle.
Its headlights are also new with a sharper appearance and an interesting dual-lamp adaptive full-LED light signature, also including two decorative vertical slits at the ends of the bumper that are very different in the M Sport finish.
On the side, its flush door handles and the design of its new wheels (individual) between 16 and 19 inches stand out .
The rear is also newly designed thanks to its large LED lights that are divided by the tailgate, with a new spoiler on the roof and a modified bumper that hides the exhaust outlets.
A technological and very modern interior
A great habitability maintained for 5 occupants with high modularity (the rear bench seat can be moved up to 13 cm forward) are also attributes of the model since its inception.
Where the effort has been reinforced in this new 2022 Series 2 Active Tourer is in its Premium details :
- Front central airbag between driver and passenger.
- Improved insulation from external noise.
- “Floating” armrests.
- Wraparound sports seats with massage (optional).
- BMW Curved Display instrument panel that unites the 10.7″ instrument panel with the new 10.25″ iDrive touch screen (includes the 8.0 operating system with the intelligent personal assistant, browser and BMW Maps ).
- Simplification of physical controls.
Wide and balanced engine offer
The range of engines is made up of a diesel engine , three gasoline engines , two of which have a “ Mild Hybrid ” support , all of which comply with the Euro 6d emission regulations, in addition to two plug-in hybrid variants :
- Diesel : 218d with the 0 TwinPower turbo engine with 150 hp , maximum torque of 36.7 mkg that homologates a consumption of between 4.8 and 5.3 litres/100 km and 125 to 138 g/km of CO2 emissions.
- Gasoline : they incorporate a new combustion process and double injection system, 136 hp 218i and 170 hp 220i with the supercharged TwinPower Turbo 1.5 three-cylinder BMW engine, and the 204 hp 223i with a TwinPower Turbo 2.0-litre 4-cylinder engine.
The two most powerful have “Mild Hybrid” support through a 19 hp electric motor that is located in the automatic gearbox powered by a 48V battery ( both with access to the DGT “ECO” label ).
All variants are associated with an exceptional 7-speed dual-clutch Steptronic automatic transmission .
- Plug-in hybrids: 225e xDrive and 230e xDrive, which have latest-generation BMW eDrive technology with greater electric range and better fuel consumption and emissions. The 230e xDrive consumes between 1.2 and 1.4 litres/100 km with CO2 emissions between 22 and 30 g/km.
Very well-endowed finishes with a varied price range
For our Spanish market, the 2022 Series 2 Active Tourer has a high standard equipment that is complemented by the ” Luxury” finishes or the ” M Sport package” (both with 17″ wheels).
We detail the most outstanding contents of the series that the basic access finish has :
- Electric opening of the tailgate.
- Parking attendant.
- Forward collision warning.
- BMW Live Cockpit Plus with curved screen.
- reversing camera.
- Dual-zone air conditioning with rear air vents.
- Cruise control with braking function.
- Full-Led headlights and pilots.
- 16” alloy wheels.
- Variable loading system 40:20:40 with backrest tilt adjustment.
- OS 8.0.
- Sports leather steering wheel.
In addition, the model has many options that focus on specific packages offered by the brand ( Comfort, Comfort Plus, Tarvel, Premium or Innovation ), with content such as front door trims with contrast stitching, Harman Kardon sound system or Head-up Display.
The marketing of the new BMW 2 Series Active Tourer is already underway , although the first units will reach the dealer network in February 2022 , expanding the marketing, at that time, with the plug-in hybrid versions (PHEV) that we have cited.
At the moment the prices without discounts or promotions officially offered by the brand are the following:
|Motor||0 to 100 km/h (s)||Consumption (l/100) / Emissions (g/km CO2)||Label||Price (€) Basis||Price (€) Luxury||Price (€) MSport|
|218i (136 hp)||9||6.2-6.6 / 140-150||C||35,500||39,100||39,514|
|220i (170 hp) 48V||8.1||5.9-6.3 / 133-142||ECHO||38,500||42,100||42,154|
|218d (150 hp)||8.8||4.8-5.1 / 125-134||C||36,200||39,800||42,271|